Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Grimmhaus Update: 4/4/16

Happy Star Wars Day!!!

Here are a few things that is going on with the blog and it's partners that I thought would be worth sharing. As well I am going to be giving a look at what I am planning with Grimmhaus as a whole. I plan on doing one of these updates every week or two just to keep all of you informed on the goings on behind the scenes and around my corner of the multiverse.

So without further ado. . .


Kitty on YouTube  


Kitty has begun a play through series featuring the Wizard for Diablo III and has also begun a Let's Play for Tube Tycoon. The Diablo III one is going well but I have yet to watch the Tube Tycoon one. She has also completed her series on the Battleborn Beta and is still working on her Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Walkthrough. Kitty also has been invited to be an author on Grimmhaus so you may be hearing from her soon.

Definitely go check out her work as she also has other plans in the works that are very exciting. I can also say that these plans will take her to a more recognizable place on YouTube so get in so you can say you was watching when she started.

Here are some links to get you started:

Diablo 3 - Wizard

Battleborn Open Beta

Let's Play Tube Tycoon #1


The Raven's Loft



Having survived the first annual Lebanon Mo Mega Con, the Loft is back in order and ready for the usual gaming, shenanigans and chaos that it is known for.

They have gotten in a new vintage toy collection that should be out and priced by the time I get there Saturday night. So that means that if you are by the shop buy everything you can so I don't have to explain new purchases at home.

The weekend will bring the usual Magic games on Friday and RPG sessions on Saturday with me and some co-workers showing for our after work Magic wind down. Next Wednesday will be the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament and my 5e game in the back.

If you're in the area be sure to check them out.

Raven's Loft

Lebanon Mo Gamer's Guild


The LMGG has a new Facebook Page that I have linked up to the side under 'Partners'. The new page is doing well and is much more user friendly than the old one. The page is used to organize events, trade and keep up with other gamers.

Many of the members also went to Mega Con and from the ones that I talked to they all had a great time. I wish I could have went but the corporate taskmasters had other plans. There is always next year.



LMGG


Grimmhaus

 Many things are going on here at once. I am looking for a new layout and logo for the blog, researching a couple articles and getting an idea of the direction I want to go with it. As well, I am still setting up the new computer and getting all of my DM tools found again. I had just barely got a few of the better 5e ones found before my old computer quit so it has been a long haul there.

As for direction on the blog I am looking at table top gaming and retro video and computer gaming as the main focus. I am also adding in some other things I enjoy such as vasping, paranormal phenomenon, and a few other odds and ends that strikes my interest.

I am also looking at doing some things that cover the growing gaming culture in my area of Missouri (Lebanon area to be specific) which has went from barely being able to support a comic shop to having a growing gaming community with at least one shop focusing on pre-2000 D&D and retro games. So, I am hoping to share news of this community as much as possible.

There are other projects too that I am not ready to reveal just yet as they are in a nebulous state at this point and I do not know if I will have the time or resources to pull them off.

That's it for now. Please go check out the above sites and let me know if there is anything else you want me to tackle or cover.