Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Eberron and 5e

Sometimes you just need a change. In my 20+ years as a D&D player I have always stuck to a traditional fantasy world. While I did enjoy this, it has now grown stale and boring. Somewhere, I don't know when, I became enamored with dungeonpunk and higher magic settings. Then, as fate would have it, I picked up a used copy of the Eberron setting and saw just what I wanted to do.

I also felt that I did not give 5e the proper shake down it needed and, with the rise in more modern players, felt it was a good idea to give it another shot. While my heart remains with the older systems, it was time to shake things up a bit.

So, I have decided that Eberron and 5e will be the new campaign for at least this year. The first session begins tomorrow and will kick off the campaign. I am hoping for it to run into March or April of this year to really get a feel for things and find my groove with both the setting and the rules.

So what am I using for the campaign and how am I going to handle conversions? First I am using the core 5e books and the Eberron supplement. I have also imported the Goliath race and may include the Genasi, if I can find a fit. Monsters will begin as reskins until I learn to convert the originals to 5e. Hopefully by then a more defined Eberron will emerge from WOTC.

I am looking forward to a new beginning both with this blog and with the new campaign.